Best Duty 3-Legged Cast Iron Potjie Cooker
The ultimate Iron-cast Potjie Pot. Traditional quality, enameled, heavy-duty, and very robust 3-legged pot for the best potjie experience
Our Cast Iron 3-legged pots are covered with a protective black enamel coating and ready for use. They are heavy-duty, very robust, and can be used in an open fire or over warm coals. Our traditional and ever so popular 3-legged pots come complete with a carrying handle and lid. Our enamel pots are dishwasher safe making them easy to clean.
FREE USA-Wide Shipping on this product!
- Weight: 6.85Kg
- Dimensions: 270 × 270 × 240 mm
- Volumetric: 3.49
Use & Care Instructions
PREPARING YOUR OIL-CURED POT FOR USE
Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and dry. Coat the inside with cooking oil (or vegetable fat) and heat until the pot begins to smoke. When cool enough, use a paper towel, wipe inside clean. Repeat until towel wipes clean. The potjie pot is now ready for use. The more you use it the better it becomes.
AFTER EACH USE
Rinse with warm water and use a brush or scraper to remove stuck-on bits. For really stuck-on food, scrub with salt and oil, rinse and wipe clean. Dry the pan and coat with a thin layer of oil. Store until ready to use. Cool the pan and store until ready to cook again.
STORING YOUR POTJIE
After each use, wash the potjie pot and dry over the heat source to remove excess moisture. Coat the inside with cooking oil or Spray and Cook. Store your potjie with the lid off and absorbent paper inside.
QUICK DOS & DON’TS OF COOKING IN CAST IRON
- Don’t be afraid of eggs, tomatoes, or fish in cast iron. Some of these recipes take practice but don’t be afraid of trying them.
- Do be mindful about what you first make in your skillet. See below for the first four things to make in your cast iron skillet and you’ll be on your way to a perfectly seasoned partner in the kitchen.
- Do use gentle utensils like wood, silicone, and rubber. The occasional metal fish spatula or pancake turner is okay, but try to avoid lots of metal utensils in your pan – especially while building up the seasoning.
- Don’t store food in cast iron. It is bad for the pan and bad for the food.
- Do clean the pan right away. And avoid soaking it!
About Best Duty
THE LEADER IN CAST IRON
Best Duty has been the leading brand in cast iron pots since 1984. The brand proudly represents South African quality, heritage, and passion for outdoor cooking. As a company, we strive to deliver on the promise of efficiency and variety our brands are famous for.
Potjiekos is uniquely South African friendly food, to be enjoyed by rich or poor, young and old, city-dwellers and country folk, needing only one’s imagination when it comes to selecting the ingredients.
Now, thanks to this Potjie Cooker, you can bring your party indoors, enjoy all the benefits and deliciousness of Potjiekos in the company of good friends, with one or more Potjies simmering away!